Cambodia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nianne

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone has dived in Cambodia ?
Is it worth it compare to Thailand or should I focus on the temple and stick to Thailand for diving ?

Its pretty much on a par with Racha Noi off Phuket. Koh Rong is the best option - its worth getting wet if you have the time just to see another country underwater. Overfishing and all the negatives aside it wasnt the worst diving :)

Anyone has dived in Cambodia ?
Is it worth it compare to Thailand or should I focus on the temple and stick to Thailand for diving ?

If you are going to be in that area and traveling overland you may want to get out to the islands in Thailand near the Cambodia border which are marine protected and gorgeous.
Koh Kood - Scuba Diving with Koh Kood Divers Thailand
Koh Mak Divers - Diving Koh Mak and Koh Chang National Marine Park

Both Koh Mak and Koh Kood are beautiful islands and much less visited areas of Thailand. I lived on Koh Mak for 6 months a few years ago and Steve, who owns Koh Mak Divers, is an outstanding guy and his website has detailed info on how to get there. Jumping off point is from Trat- which is close to the Cambodia border.

I have only done 2 dives in Cambodia. Both at Condor Reef which has the reputation of being the countries best dive site. You can go there from Koh Sdach. I liked it a lot because it did not feel like Asia but more like the Atlantic. It was not cheap because it is far out in the ocean but I hope I can go back there again and also go to Shark Island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom