Camera Attachment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rae HalfTheHill

MSDT/Captain
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Good morning all,

I recently made the dive (pun intended) into the world of underwater photography, finally upgrading from a gopro to a full camera and tray setup. Prior to splashing with it, I wanted to get some input for the best way to attach it to my person, since the last thing I would want is to lose this investment. Thanks!

What type of camera and tray? How buoyant is it in the water where you will dive?

I use a lanyard with double ender and clip it to my right chest D-ring on my harness.

I use a bolt snap on a lanyard.
Phil green gloves_DSC6263.jpg

I also use what @scubadada posted. Diving from a boat, the lanyard makes it a pretty easy task to clip the camera to it after a crew member hands me the camera after entry.

Good info

This is what I use. One end clipped to a chest D-ring, the other clipped to a ziptie loop on a housing or tray. The plastic clip allows the coil to be extended or retracted.

IMG_20210103_1940326.jpg

IMG_20210103_1942385.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom