Camera drifts from Cayman to Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drew Sailbum

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
A barnacle encrusted camera housing washed up on a Florida beach after a long drift from the Cayman Islands reports the Caymanian Compass. Reminiscent of a prior incident where a camera rode the currents from Aruba to the Florida Keys, the camera inside the housing was dry and in working order.

In this latest incident the finder of the camera has posted some of the photos on the Kittiwake Cayman Facebook page in an effort to find the owner of the camera.

Can Scubaboard members once again play detective and find the owner of this camera?

I have lost an Intova camera 2 years ago near the Thistlegorm in Egypt and never got it or the pics . I wish if someone could do the same as you did.

Another reason why my camera setup is slightly positively buoyant

In this latest incident the finder of the camera has posted some of the photos on the Kittiwake Cayman Facebook page in an effort to find the owner of the camera.

That link seems to be to a general collection of pics. The photos specifically from the camera are:
335864_2363775966591_1016117337_2707292_330881427_o.jpg [noparse][link][/noparse] and 334544_2363774046543_1016117337_2707289_274709910_o.jpg[noparse][link][/noparse]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom