Camera equipment insurance in Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darnold9999

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
DAN's gear insurance is only available in the US - i have not been able to find an equivilant plan in Canada, anyone have experience getting this kind of insurance in Canada. looking to insure my camera against flooding.

Here in Brazil we did a research on normal insurance companies.
But we found it was only viable for top most equipment (D200+)

Thanks, the camera is a D200 so if I can I would like to insure.

Just claim it on your home/renter's insurance. Say the basement flooded. There is sometimes a significant deductible so hose down your computer and get a new one of those too. It's weird, but all it takes is a small monthly premium and you can get all kinds of stuff for free.

I looked at DEPP - they creep me out. Zero responses....black website that it is underconstruction???? If I have a claim I don't want under construction. I just got a quote for a rider on my Canadian homeowner insurance - $210/yr for $8400 insurance - flood, theft, loss, drop, etc.. Expensive compared to DAN and others...but that is why we live in this great country! to pay double....just because! Bottom line - when I go to Raja Ampat in a few months....this would be a moot point as if you really really read those garbage travel policies...OMG....$420 to cover my wife and I - $1K per bag loss. WTF. $30K in gear and we would get $2K...excellent...NOT. They are not all that but not far off $1K here, 1500bills there...just ridiculous for dive stuff. Why does DAN not cover in Canada???? They love my membership money???:acclaim:

I looked at DEPP - they creep me out. Zero responses....black website that it is underconstruction???? If I have a claim I don't want under construction. I just got a quote for a rider on my Canadian homeowner insurance - $210/yr for $8400 insurance - flood, theft, loss, drop, etc.. Expensive compared to DAN and others...but that is why we live in this great country! to pay double....just because! Bottom line - when I go to Raja Ampat in a few months....this would be a moot point as if you really really read those garbage travel policies...OMG....$420 to cover my wife and I - $1K per bag loss. WTF. $30K in gear and we would get $2K...excellent...NOT. They are not all that but not far off $1K here, 1500bills there...just ridiculous for dive stuff. Why does DAN not cover in Canada???? They love my membership money???:acclaim:

They got shut down, a lot of people who paid premium or have claims outstanding are SOL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom