Cameron Donaldson (northernone) a requiem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was hoping against hope this wouldn't be the outcome, that somehow he would be found.
My deepest condolences to friends and family... so sad.

Like many here, I only knew Cameron through his posts. Any time I saw a post of his in a thread that I was skipping through, I would stop to read it. There was something about him that made me want to know what he had to say and what he thought about whatever subject it was. Though I never knew him personally, I will miss seeing him here. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

My biggest takeaway from Cam's intersection with my life, is that before I post anything or say anything I'm going to ask WWCD?

I will miss him so much.

Yeah, he gives a special meaning to dive and let dive. Should I tell the stories?

Like most people, I only knew him from his posts, on ScubaBoard, but those posts left a lasting impression. He will be sorely missed. His passing is also giving me much needed pause for reflection on my own diving.

I knew Cameron from his frequent posts here. He was a fellow Canadian who lived so far north! What could he possibly be doing there, I wondered at first. Then I found out he was teaching at-risk youth to scuba dive. I concluded from that that he was a good human being.

Then last October, I had a non-dive related personal issue. I desperately reached out on this forum and he replied via PM. He offered suggestions but most of all, he listened to my story and I felt like someone cared. He didn’t stop there. He even followed up with me several weeks later to see if I was ok. I was extremely impressed. What a nice caring guy! And he didn’t even know me other than I was a fellow Canadian, a fellow diver.

Like many here, I hadn’t realized he was so young until recently. He seemed so mature, so caring. I will miss him very much and will be very sad that such a good human being was taken away from us too soon.

Condolences to his family and friends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom