Camiguin Island Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhadamantus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
(i think this may have been asked before but i am very lazy to search- besides, it would be nice to get an updated inputs.)

so, i just remembered that zee and i planned on going to camiguin the weekend after this coming weekend. and we absolutely have not researched where to stay or who to dive with.

suggestions?

dove with johnny's when i was there. stayed at paras resort. johnny's has a shop in paras. just google johnny's fun and dive.

another option is to dive in duka bay. its about 15 minutes from the pier where you take the boat to camiguin. duka bay is very nice.

thanks, jigz. that shop did come up as first when i google camiguin diving. there are no prices on accommodation listed in their site- how much did you pay for urs?

ooooooh, duka bay resort is nice. do you have experience with them? how is the dive sites they go to compared to the dive sites around camiguin area?

i enjoyed my dives in duka bay more but i didnt stay overnight at the resort. sorry i cant remember the rates at either duka bay or camiguin. i do remember they were negotiable. i can send you number of johnny of camiguin and eddie yap of duka bay.

mags... i vaguely remember camiguin (was drunk most of the time) ...stayed at jasmine by the sea... great food, cheap lodging (350/night non aircon - forgot their aircon rates) diving was at 1,200/dive (if i remember it right) but i didn't get to go in the water (again, was drunk most of the time)

things to do:

waterfalls (forgot the name)
hot spring (forgot the name)
sunken cemetery (not worth it)
stations of the cross thingy? (too steep to climb - only got to the 3rd station)
old churches (good for photography)
mt. hibok-hibok (too expensive for tourists - guides charge 500 for pinoys, 1,000 for joes)
white island (speaks for itself)
mantigue island (ask for more info from alibuag resort)

...but if you want real diving in the area, do mantangale (Philippine Dive Resorts | Mantangale Alibuag Dive Resort | Home Page)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom