Can anyone help me choose which used computer to buy??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good choice?? Hmm...maybe, but at the moment I'm not convinced. In OP I wrote that one of the requirements was that I wanted something "easy to use"--I don't think the GEO 2 fits that description. Or maybe I'm just mentally-challenged (highly likely!). Regardless, imo the manual sucks. I've already bought the online tutorial that outofofficebrb suggested, really hoping that helps...

The Oceanic manual is poorly written compared to other manuals I've read for other computers. I'd love to hear what you think of the video modules for the Geo 2. I tried to read the manual for the Veo 2 and it was not good. The video cleared everything up for me. Dare I say the Suunto manuals are actually pretty well written? :)

Good choice?? Hmm...maybe, but at the moment I'm not convinced. In OP I wrote that one of the requirements was that I wanted something "easy to use"--I don't think the GEO 2 fits that description. Or maybe I'm just mentally-challenged (highly likely!). Regardless, imo the manual sucks. I've already bought the online tutorial that outofofficebrb suggested, really hoping that helps...

I'm sorry that I didn't double down emphasizing that you'd need the videos regardless of whether or not you had the manual. :rofl3:

I still think it's a good choice.

I'm sorry that I didn't double down emphasizing that you'd need the videos regardless of whether or not you had the manual. :rofl3:

I still think it's a good choice.

You might as well not have one if you ask me :wink: I remember saying out loud "This is garbage!" Once I watched the videos, I then re-read the manual and then it made more sense than it did before.

You might as well not have one if you ask me :wink: I remember saying out loud "This is garbage!" Once I watched the videos, I then re-read the manual and then it made more sense than it did before.

Exactly

Here is what I would look at for an (relatively) inexpensive air/nitrox computer. No need to spend a ton of money because with few exceptions, they are very similar. I know there will be a bunch of different opinions but I have used a Veo 2 for a long time and it does everything I need it to do. I should also add that I use a Citizen Dive watch/computer as backup always. Buy Scuba diving Wrist & Hose Mount Computers, Modules at Scuba.com Page 1

I bought the Scubapro Mantis 2 for $200; for now, I just need a dive computer that works.
I'm just starting a new job and short on money so made sense to get an older model.
I doubt I'll be doing more than 4 dives a day for consecutive days for the near future or a live-aboard adventure- at least until I go back to Roatan to visit my dad.
I will let you all know if I run into any problems or have any questions before I buy my next computer. I should probably own two computers for safety and my next one should probably be integrated, and the LDS's usually sell off the old rental gear annually so could potentially pick out one then for a deal if I'm still hurting for spending money.

And, I went to LDS and checked out all their watches... I'll save up for a Teric...

Thanks for all the help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom