Can anyone identify a Ikelite housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dzscubie

Contributor
Reaction score
Back in El Paso, Texas with my Buddy (wife)
I picked up an Ikelite housing this weekend at an estate sale and don't know what camera it is for. I've sent pics to Ikelite so hope they can tell me. In the mean time, anyone want to venture a guess? You would not BELIEVE what I got it for I'm practically ashamed of my self. :eyebrow:

Send an email to Dzscubie@aol.com and I will send you the pics.

Shawn

Dzscubie:
I picked up an Ikelite housing this weekend at an estate sale and don't know what camera it is for. I've sent pics to Ikelite so hope they can tell me. In the mean time, anyone want to venture a guess? You would not BELIEVE what I got it for I'm practically ashamed of my self. :eyebrow:

Shawn
Of course it doesn't matter how cheap it was if you can't find a camera that fits in it. :wink:

On the other hand, Ikelite housings are made from standardized "blanks". And Ikelite sells the control ams and fittings separately. You might be able to redrill it and adapt it to the camera of your choice.

I'm not sure if it's for film or digital. My wife has one similar and it's for her Nikon 35mm, but the guy I bought this from said it was for a digital SLR and since my wife wanted to upgrade to digital I thought "well, why not". I sent pics to Ikelite yesterday but haven't gotten a reply as of yet. Wish I knew how to upload a pic of it on my profile but I don't know how.

If you hit the reply button (rather than quick reply), and scroll down, you'll see manage attachemnts under other options. you can upload a picture to your post there.

Dzscubie:

Shawn

If it's a big boxy clear case, it's almost impossible to tell what it fits withot a model number, or by sending it back to Ikelite for identification.

I bought one on eBay for about $50 a spent days going to camera stores, but never found the right camera.

It ended up back on eBay . . .

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom