Can anyone reccomend some must do dives in west palm beach, Ft Lauderdale area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

landonnin1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello every one ,
I am in West palm Beach right now and I am looking to do some diving outside of the dives I have booked already, I am looking for some site that I could get to from shore in the WPB to Ft lauderdale area please. Anyone part of the Blue Heron Dive club in here? I am looking to dive the bridge also but I am not finding the tide reports for 2012 but would love to meet up with some locals from the board and do some diving too :D

thank you for the help

have a wonderful day

Matt

Matt,

Great Idea on the guide or dive pal for BHB, I think the dive shop near by should or could hook you up,Next Lauderdale By The Sea is A good dive too,Not knowing what dives you have done or booked yet?
But I hope you did a boat dive out of Boynton Beach as the reefs / wrecks are some sweet ones! Kevin at UE =Underwater Exploers would be my choice and I am sure you could get him to do a BHB dive as I have seen him up there training with students.

As you know if you know you pay to live in the sunshine state! so Floridians do have to work! so you may have to $$$ a guide but well worth it! if you cant find a off work local.
Have fun its snowing again up here today!
Yuck,
Brad
Wisconsin

The weather this week looks crappy. But if you can dive in Boynton Beach. I'd say its the best reef dives in Florida.

Thank you for all the info guys. I have 10 dives booked with Jim Abernethy, We start on monday but I was told these are morning dives and leaves the afternoons open for more diving.I for sure will check into the boyton beach reef

matt

Thank you for all the info guys. I have 10 dives booked with Jim Abernethy, We start on monday but I was told these are morning dives and leaves the afternoons open for more diving.I for sure will check into the boyton beach reef

matt

COASTAL WATERS FROM JUPITER INLET TO DEERFIELD BEACH, FL OUT 20 NM-
WATERS FROM JUPITER INLET TO DEERFIELD BEACH, FL EXTENDING FROM
20 NM TO 60 NM-
404 AM EST SUN MAR 4 2012

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM EST THIS MORNING

GALE WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM EST THIS MORNING THROUGH THIS
EVENING

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH LATE
TONIGHT

TODAY
ALONG THE COAST...WEST SOUTHWEST WINDS 19 TO 24 KNOTS
BECOMING NORTH NORTHWEST 21 TO 26 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON...SEAS 2 TO
4 FEET. IN THE GULF STREAM...WEST SOUTHWEST WINDS 26 TO 31 KNOTS
BECOMING NORTHWEST 30 TO 35 KNOTS IN THE AFTERNOON...SEAS 4 TO
6 FEET BUILDING TO 8 TO 10 FEET IN THE AFTERNOON. DOMINANT PERIOD 5 SECONDS.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS ROUGH IN EXPOSED AREAS. CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

TONIGHT
NORTH NORTHWEST WINDS 13 TO 16 KNOTS ALONG THE COAST TO
NORTH 18 TO 23 KNOTS IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET ALONG THE
COAST AND UP TO 7 TO 9 FEET IN THE GULF STREAM. DOMINANT PERIOD 8 SECONDS.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS A MODERATE CHOP. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE
EVENING.

MONDAY
NORTH WINDS 11 TO 14 KNOTS ALONG THE COAST TO NORTH 13 TO
18 KNOTS IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS 3 TO 5 FEET ALONG THE COAST AND UP
TO 6 TO 8 FEET IN THE GULF STREAM. DOMINANT PERIOD 8 SECONDS. INTRACOASTAL
WATERS A LIGHT CHOP.

MONDAY NIGHT
NORTH NORTHEAST WINDS 14 TO 17 KNOTS ALONG THE COAST
TO NORTH NORTHEAST 17 TO 22 KNOTS IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS 3 TO
5 FEET ALONG THE COAST AND UP TO 5 TO 7 FEET IN THE GULF STREAM.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS CHOPPY IN EXPOSED AREAS.

TUESDAY
EAST NORTHEAST WINDS 16 TO 21 KNOTS ALONG THE COAST TO
EAST NORTHEAST 20 TO 25 KNOTS IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS 5 TO 7 FEET
ALONG THE COAST AND UP TO 7 TO 9 FEET IN THE GULF STREAM.
INTRACOASTAL WATERS ROUGH IN EXPOSED AREAS.

TUESDAY NIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY
EAST WINDS 16 TO 21 KNOTS ALONG
THE COAST TO EAST 20 TO 25 KNOTS IN THE GULF STREAM. SEAS 7 TO
9 FEET. NORTH SWELL 3 FEET. INTRACOASTAL WATERS ROUGH IN EXPOSED
AREAS. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS.

National Weather Service
Generated 1413 UTC, Sunday, Mar 04, 2012
Document URL http://weather.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/fmtbltn.pl?file=forecasts/marine/coastal/am/amz650.txt

Ouch Matt Looks like some bad sea's, you may be washed out! Id call JA to get any news! if so and you have a rental car Go north to spring country! 1/2 day ride but the private springs are open,not sure on the State ones due to rains? but you will need a dive pal and you could hook up with a group,, but spring country you can dive your brains out and not get washed out by wind!
a few links,
Devils Den Springs Scuba Diving Resort
<<< Blue Grotto >>>
Florida state park's--
Welcome to Florida State Parks
hope you get some dives in! Were down in a month or so,
and if your ever across the lake west of Michigan hit us up for a wreck dive on our side of the pond!
Brad

Park hours are normally daylight to dark--they may ticket your car after dark. Google- Phil Foster Park for current info.

BHB hi tides this week.

Sunday the 4th 5:05pm
Monday the 5th 6pm so a twi nite if offered by Force E down the street
6th 6:32am or 6:51pm same as above
7th 7:17am
8th 8:01am
9th 8:45am
Sat the 10th 9:30am
11th 11:17am

Abernathy's is very nearby the bridge, so if you are blown out on some mornings, just head to the bridge.......... The current yellow tide tables are available at Force E among other dive shops, etc.--the current one ends with this month, so a new one is coming--they have SeaTow advertising on them and are free. www.saltwatertides.com may be useful--use tides for Port of Palm Beach

Last edited:
BHB is an absolute must, my favorite dive site in the US. Tidal charts can easily be googled. Force E or Jim Abernethy would be happy to give you site info when you go in to rent tanks, Force E can even give you a map of the site. Very helpful to have local knowledge as to where to look in general for certain critters, but very easy to just go and dive on your own.

Here's some information on some easy shore dives - Ft. Lauderdale area diving

Some of my favorite dive sites in WPB: Juno Ledge, Shark Canyon, the Corridor, Breakers reef, Bath & Tennis.

Some of my more south favorites: Sea Emperor, Cap't Dan, Tracy, Tenneco Towers, Rodeo 25, Razzle-Dazzle, Sunkist.

These lists are not all inclusive.

I agree with others, looks like the conditions will suck. Consider contingency plans. I hear "the Artist" was a good movie.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom