Can Anyone Recommend A Dive Tour For Hamilton Island In the Great Barrier Reef Aussie

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Current situation on the Whitsundays goes a little like this Helena.

If your staying on Hamilton I am presuming you are looking for a one day experience. If you have not prebooked all your accommodation and want to get your log book cranking let me know and I will write to you about Kiana. 3 day / 2 night sailing that travels out to the GBR

I agree with scubad, that vis is generally poor around the Islands because the currents pick up the sand off the shallow bottom and toss it around.

QT... the beauty of GBR is that many operators are looking for good DM"s and instructors. If you have a working visa keep in touch, may be able to help you out.

Finally if your itinery allows for it and you can get 15 dives under your belt helena, I recommend Tuesdays Yongalla trip out of Airlie. Simmmmply smassshing.

kind regards

Andy

I was on Hamilton Island at the end of August beginning of September and actually spent about 5 days there. I had a fantastic time and went diving all but two of the days I was there - I dove with H20 Sportz. I personally had a great time (course the pub and the people I met probably had something to do with that) and tho' the diving wasn't the best I've seen - it also wasn't the worst.

I would agree that the diving up North is much better (I went out of Port Douglas instead of Cairns). Good luck and enjoy your time there; I've enjoyed it both times I've gone and the first time I wasn't a diver (of course the pubs and the people probably had something to do with that time too) :D

Back
Top Bottom