Can I clean an air tank to make it oxygen compatible? How?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You know I've been using Aldi washing powder for years very strong
strips light coatings of gun blue and some cad, had a pungent bleachy chlorine smell to it but didn't leave a scent

So they've just strongly perfumed it so soon some tests must follow

Since you're in France, CMAS have Nitrox Gas Blender and presumably cleaning/technician courses and certificates. Maybe a local club can assist.

For sure I a going to involve my club; here in Lyon I cannot fill trimix, and it's very hard also to find oxygen... so I need to use the equipment of my friends, who will help me

I just wanted to have the opinion of other people, that's it :)

For sure I a going to involve my club; here in Lyon I cannot fill trimix, and it's very hard also to find oxygen... so I need to use the equipment of my friends, who will help me

I just wanted to have the opinion of other people, that's it :)
si cela peut te rendre service.

Attachments

• Procedure-O2.pdf
    544.3 KB · Views: 72
I just pay my LDS to o2 clean my tanks. Since it's a blending shop, all my tanks must be o2 cleaned. I think it's 40 bucks or so at my favorite shop. Unless you're considering a fleet of tanks, it's probably both easier and cheaper to have your local dive shop clean it for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom