Can I dive this wreck off the coast of Belgium?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are not much charters for diving at the Northsea.

- You can only dive high/low tide. That means when you do the first dive you have to wait very long to do the second dive. With high waves, rain and low temperature it’s no fun.

- A dive charter will cost 100 euro for each diver and usually have 10 divers or something like that. I have never heard anyone about the wreck of your link. There are a lot of wrecks in the Northsea. Usually the charter goes to a nice wreck. The wreck with partss of the wreck over a large distance are not very interesting to see. I think the wreck of your link might be not worth it for most divers to dive at. If you are the only diver who wants to dive that wreck the charter won’t visit the wreck or you have to rent the complete charter at your own.

Sometimes the wreck is in an area with a lot of traffic of other ships, that can be a problem.

Weather conditions can be a problem. There was one year that all my Northsea trips were canceled because of high waves. Max wave height for diving is between 1,0 and 1,5 meter, it depends on the charter.

You can try to contact

Ephyra - Noordzeeduiken Public Group | Facebook

North Sea Diving Jonathan

Duiken in België - Charterboten

Northsea diving is the best diving here. But long days, high costs an challenging conditions are the reason that just a small group of divers is diving at the Northsea.

Thanks for the info and the leads. I know its a strange wreck to want to see and not a very exciting one. However, my grandfather was attached to that ship in the US Navy when it struck a mine and sank. How cool would it be to dive down and place my hands on a railing his hands also touched or maybe even the gun he was manning when they struck the mine. That to me is worth some extra expense.

Just for clarity, he survived or I wouldn't be here :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom