Can I put a bungee choker on hip attachment of 19 cu ft slung Pony?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishWatcher747

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I received some video of me from another diver. I sling a 19 AL Pony on the left. I have a bungee choker around the first stage and into the double ender which keeps the pony tight at the shoulder D ring. What I see in the video is the lower end of the pony is not tight to the hip D ring. It is hanging away from me by at least the length of the double ender, maybe 5 inches.

I want to get this more streamlined. Any suggestions?

can you share a screenshot of the video as well as a picture of the rigging on dry land? You shouldn't need double enders on stage rigging to keep everything tight, but with the pictures we will have a much better ability to help.

So I received some video of me from another diver. I sling a 19 AL Pony on the left. I have a bungee choker around the first stage and into the double ender which keeps the pony tight at the shoulder D ring. What I see in the video is the lower end of the pony is not tight to the hip D ring. It is hanging away from me by at least the length of the double ender, maybe 5 inches.

I want to get this more streamlined. Any suggestions?

Wait - you’re using a double ender to attach your pony to you? Why?

The standard way is to use a worm clamp. Take a bolt snap and a length of paracord. Secure the knotted end of the paracord and secure it under the worm clamp.

I’d be afraid a double ender would come undone.

Maybe try moving your hip D ring back some? And/or a smaller bolt snap.

Correction it is a single ender. My bad.

can you post a picture of the rigging standing up on a table or something? Also, what BC are you using? It's likely the hip d-ring is too far forward

For ease of use in the thread picture is below. If you copy the picture URL you can insert it directly into the posts.

=1303%2C977&ownerId=A1IK62AHM51FH5&groupShareToken=IRKp7WG5Q_S2b87KoK7uQQ.sM2AKwLJFWsvslMvIXF9IJ.jpg

HOG. BPW. There are actually 2 D rings near the left hip. I have been using the more forward one. So that may help.

But the bolt snap alone is 5.5 inches. Without a shorter bolt snap or a choker it will be dangling 5.5 inches.
104365BF-2E96-4375-9899-622ACD7CEEE3.jpeg

yep, as said above, you need to move the hip anchor point rearward (more behind you) It can be achieved many ways...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom