Can I take shears in my carry on luggage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JessH

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am leaving on a trip in a few days and was just wondering if I will be able to take my Scuba Shears in my carry on luggage or do I need to check them? I prefer to not have to check anything but if I have to I will.
The trip is to Mexico from the US.

~Jess

Nope
JessH:
I am leaving on a trip in a few days and was just wondering if I will be able to take my Scuba Shears in my carry on luggage or do I need to check them? I prefer to not have to check anything but if I have to I will.
The trip is to Mexico from the US.

~Jess

Only if you wan't to keep them.

JessH:
I prefer to not have to check anything but if I have to I will.

Why don't you want to check them? Just put them in with your other gear.

Just make sure nobody's watching when you try to light your shoe.... :bandit_2:

jiveturkey:
Why don't you want to check them? Just put them in with your other gear.
My other gear would also be in my carry on, I shouldn't need much in the way of clothes or other non-scuba related items so I am thinking I should be able to fit everything I need into my carry-on luggage.

I figured the answer would be no, but since there isn't really a sharp point or an edge suitable for slicing I thought I would ask just to make sure. Now that I think of it I can think of a few ways they could be used as a weapon, but I could probably come up with more ways for shoes, a pen or a belt. And as far as I know they still allow those :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom