can I touch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remember, Cousteau used to dynamite the reef to count fish.

Times they are a-changing.

Remember, Cousteau used to dynamite the reef to count fish.

Times they are a-changing.
Yes. Of course in his time we hadn't plundered the sea of most of it's bigger fish, so one person using dynamite didn't mean squat. As I've often spewed, we must fix the big problems such as poor commercial fishing methods, agricultural runoff, etc. Then what one diver does or doesn't touch is much less of an issue. Not saying you SHOULD touch stuff.

Number of dives is self reported. OP can say whatever number he wants without ever being in the water or being certified. Someone with that many dives asking that kind of question - nah, it smacks of trolling.
The opening post is made 2006, maybe OP has dived a bit after starting the thread.

The opening post is made 2006, maybe OP has dived a bit after starting the thread.

Sorry, still sceptical that anyone with that much real experience would still be such an a$$hat. I call bushwah.

True. But touchy subject as it is, I believe this is the second time it's been revived. I do recall it being active a lot sooner ago than 2006.

Pretty soon we won't even be allowed to touch the water (our bodies might contaminate it); we'll have to experience the underwater world remotely through a ROV's camera.

Pretty soon we won't even be allowed to touch the water (our bodies might contaminate it); we'll have to experience the underwater world remotely through a ROV's camera.
Just read elsewhere on SB that you shouldn't touch it anyway now as it might have the virus. Apparently not really true.

So, that woman in the grocery store could walk up to me and touch me anywhere on my body and be pretty sure that she isn't going to hurt me, an maybe a little less sure - but sure none the less - that I won't hurt her, but why in the F*&K is she touching me? And I ask: why must you touch the critters?

No touch? Well sh*t, there goes several hundred photos and videos of me underwater that I can't post. :)

Anybody remember "Touch the Sea" book by Dee Scarr? Times are a changin'.

I believe that I still have a copy of that book and at the time thought it was a pretty cool read. Passage of time tends to change things including viewpoints.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom