Can Light + dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JBFG

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have a question about using a Can light with a hard goodman handle with a dry suit and dry gloves.
I currently wear the viking ring system on my whites dry suit. the rings come up all the way to my wrist.

Is there enough real estate to wear a can light? I think that the cord would get in the way (of the ring in the way of the cord).

well i think it's a question of real estate. The dry ring are at the top of my wrist and quite big, leaving me with about 4'' between the rings and the bottom of my fingers.
if I were to put a corded light on a goodman handle wouldn't the tail of the light or the cord hit my ring?
if so I would imagine that the ring would push the light off my hand

handhw3.JPG

0417_tests_orcatorch_d620_in_use.jpg

5_bts_91_1_93_.jpg

Last edited:
it depends on which can light you want to dive. Something like the UWLD? Shouldn't be an issue. Light Monkey, Halcyon, or any of the HID's? probably not going to work due to the head size

Thanx.
So it has to be a small head.

Cheers!

@MaxBottomtime : thanx.
This makes it clear, it will depend on the light. My ring system would hit the light in your 1st photo.

I have dry glove rings that go to my wrists also. I use an MB-Sub VB50 with hard goodman handle, no problem, it's not a small light either.

The light might hit the rings but practically it's not an issue. The vast majority of the local technical divers by me have rings (myself included) and use big can lights without a problem (including some with the Viking rings).

I use my DiveRite MR11 lighthead and their soft strap which keeps it closer to my hand than a hard goodman would and it does not affect my rings on my Fusion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom