• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Can Scuba Therapy help manage Chronic Pain!

Discussion in 'Divers with Disabilities' started by DiveHeart, Oct 11, 2019.

1. DiveHeart

DiveHeart DiveHeart Instructor

How do you manage chronic pain? How can Scuba Therapy help? http://www.diveheart.org/diving-past-boundaries-greatbigst…/ After 11 years of chronic pain this Veteran Air Force pilot was pain free for three weeks after his Diveheart trip to Cozumel Mexico. Here's what he says about Scuba as a Therapy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfZQh7DNnkA&feature=youtu.be #chronicpain #painrelief #nodrugs#scubatherapy #rehabilitation #disabilities #painmanagment #Opioids#opioidchrisis
    veheart.org%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F11%2Fdiveheart-diving-past-boundaries-thumb1-300x200.png
    DIVEHEART.ORG

Diving Past Boundaries: Scuba as Therapy (CNN)
    Diving Past Boundaries: Scuba as Therapy (CNN / Great Big Story) At first glance, scuba diving may seem a surprising therapy for people with severe…

2. foob

foob Nassau Grouper

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Can I get my insurance to cover it? Heh

MrBigfins likes this.
  3. DiveHeart

That is an awesome question. that's the goal and why we're doing so much collaboration on research with university medical centers around the country. you can help by lobbying your insurance company and doctors.

4. WeRtheOcean

WeRtheOcean Nassau Grouper

So, if it's based on serotonin, does that mean it can help with the pain of bone spurs in the toes, too? As of now, I can only get relief from those while my feet are in a very hot hotspring.

5. DiveHeart

We've not done research in that area. Right now we know people with chronic pain from spinal cord injuries for example get benefit as well as people with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. We have 100 years of research in front of us. :)