Can you get a red filter for a Panasonic housing ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a4drk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello

I've currently got a Sony DSC N2 camera & the Sony Housing MPK-NA.
I've got the red filter which clips onto it. Makes a difference in the deeper water.
however, upgrade time, as I've had this for 4 years.
Basically, i'm looking for a camera with HD video, so I was thinking of buying the Panasonic TZ10 or ZX3
But can you get the red filter for them ?
anyone know?
also - any other advice taken for alternative makes of camera

thanks
David
PS - The Sony will be in the classifieds soon ....

Ive just bought a panasonic TZ10, and although it doesnt have a screwthread on the housing, INON do produce an adapter to allow for the addition of 67mm filters like the URPro (I went with the cheaper KOOD versions). Alternatively Magic filters could be attached to the front of the lens before inserting into the housing. I havent tried the camera underwater yet but on land ive been mighty impressed with the video mode, with zoom and autofocus working smoothly even in macro. (Even better with an added INON 165 macro lens as well ) Ill hopefully upload some pics and vids when I get back from BALI in 3 weeks time
Mooseman

Thanks. I've look into those makes.

The sony version (VF-MP5K) just pushes over the lens part on the housing.
Its made of soft rubber.

Cheers
David

If it is just a red filter, then DYRON (a french company) produce a push on version, I just went with the screw fit adapter as I wanted to attach macro lenses too. Also external filters can be removed during the dive where the magic filters cannot

hi guys,

I'm going to test the TZ10 underwater with its panasonic housing in january. I'm planning to dive up to 30m. Is the red filter a must? Thanks,

froggie

Back
Top Bottom