Can you help identify and value scuba gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I found a duffle bag containing this gear at my 86 yr old uncle's house south of Santa Cruz. The wetsuit is glued, not stitched. It appears to be unused. The fins are Swimaster Duck Feet. The mask is Nemrod Bermudas. Small container of White Stag rubber dust to facilitate entry.
20190109_111420.jpg

Your Duck Feet are an interesting edition of these fins. Note how the centre rib extends all the way from the blade tip to the foot entry, even spanning the toe opening. Here's a flyer from the wonderful Skin Diving History website showcasing this very model:
12.jpg

John C. Ratliff posts on SB. He showcased the same fins in his collection on the vintage diving forum at http://vintagescuba.proboards.com/thread/4709/history-duck-feet-fins.

I have no idea about monetary value when it comes to vintage diving gear. It depends on the bidder if you intend auctioning what you have found. Condition matters and these fins are likely to be rarer than the open heel Duck Feet or the full-foot version without the rib spanning the toe opening.

The wetsuit may have been put together from a do-it-yourself kit if there are no manufacturer markings. As for the mask, the Bermuda appears in a 1966 Nemrod/Seamless catalogue, which is the earliest Nemrod catalogue I've seen.

The finsrun from $5 to about $40 o ebay.
I don't think the wetsuit has any value
Thers' a Bermuda mask listed now at $22 - no bids.

This week I asked a friend what was going to happen to all our stuff
He said we're taking it with us

happier-diver

Junk !
It appears to be 30 to 40 years old
It is generally useless an d rotting

Suggest donating to a veteran's dive rehab program
( Your uncle must have been Korean war veteran )
They just might find a use for some of the items
List the donation on your tax form as $5000.00
(and go to the iron bar hotel)

Contact a Sea Hunt member
The suit may have some but very little value to them

bear in mind it is JUNK

SDM

cc
@Scuba Lawyer

Back
Top Bottom