Can you Identify this BP/W setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dubious

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings All,

So I picked up a pair of LP95 tanks with bands and manifold and the guy threw in this double wing and aluminum backplate he had laying around. (tanks are currently being used as singles). He did not know much about this setup. When I googled it, it seems to resemble Custom Divers VBS set up, but other than that I am at a lost. Buoyancy says 130N to 200N which google puts at 30-40 pounds. Is this something worth keeping? Any insight would be great. I currently only have my halcyon single wing. I was planning on buying a used halcyon evolve 60-pound wing but my wife has kindly asked me to not buy any more gear until I sell the growing pile of items that came with the 6 used tanks I bought over the last 3 months.

IMG_05852.jpg

IMG_05861.jpg

IMG_05871.jpg

IMG_05891.jpg

IMG_05901.jpg
IMG_05911.jpg

it would have came with an Ouroboros rebreather from VR Tech. Probably not worth a whole lot since it's a low lift, but very wide wing designed to deal with a big rebreather that doesn't weight much in the water.

it would have came with an Ouroboros rebreather from VR Tech. Probably not worth a whole lot since it's a low lift, but very wide wing designed to deal with a big rebreather that doesn't weight much in the water.

Thanks. I did see that ouroboros came up in a google search but I only saw it reference the rebreather and not the wing or backplate. The d-rings on the harness also seem weird. I never handled a doubles wing so I had no way to tell if this wing is wider than a standard doubles wing.

Back
Top Bottom