Can you identify this fish...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Moved to the "Name that Critter" forum

Walter:
Those are beautiful! I've never seen the Hawaiian version. Thanks for sharing

I don't think that picture was taken in Hawaii Walter....unless Catherine knows of a secret hiding spot :D

Creole Wrasse, Creole Wrasse, bet your *****!!

Andy & Walter have nailed it again!!

Regards,

justleesa:
Moved to the "Name that Critter" forum

I don't think that picture was taken in Hawaii Walter....unless Catherine knows of a secret hiding spot :D

You would know, I've never been to Hawaii. I know it's not from the Caribbean.

catherine96821:
gotta get my pic in.....those guys are hard to capture, maybe cause they are blue and not enough contrast for autofocus. Also, they are nervous fish.

at risk of being ultra-pedantic I don't think these are a true Chromis but rather one of the closely related Pomacentrus or Chrysiptera species maybe Chrysiptera hemicyanea. Its a cracking shot - these little damsles are very difficult - especially if there's a coral head nearby.

hey cohorts!...I think I took it in Palau..

I wish we could start a "fish behaviour" thread about their personalities, how to stalk them, for photos, etc.

cool! I will jump right in when i get back frm my ....."profession". Leesa, you know we don't have hardly any BLUE fish here, right? fluke of nature i guess...we were left out when they passed out the blue fsh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom