Canadians/Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gchapman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is anyone aware of any Canadian operated dive tours doing business in Cuba?

I'd like to head down there this year -- since I'm allowed to -- but I haven't seen any dive packages advertised. I imagine that's mainly because most of the dive press I've read is American. Surely there's enough Canadian tourism to make this worth someone's time...

Greg

gchapman:
Is anyone aware of any Canadian operated dive tours doing business in Cuba?

I'd like to head down there this year -- since I'm allowed to -- but I haven't seen any dive packages advertised. I imagine that's mainly because most of the dive press I've read is American. Surely there's enough Canadian tourism to make this worth someone's time...

Greg

Hi Greg...

Not to sound condescending, but have you asked any of your local dive shops if they are running anything to Cuba? When I lived in Toronto, my LDS had several trips going there.

Bonne chance,

SubMariner:
Hi Greg...

Not to sound condescending, but have you asked any of your local dive shops if they are running anything to Cuba?
Actually - I did think of that. I've checked two... but with no luck. I intend to call some more, though.

I think it might be an ease-of-access issue. I can understand dive shops in Ontario getting these together, but I think the interest is lower / cost is higher for tours originating from Vancouver.

I may have to book through a company in Toronto -- not a horrible impediment.

Have you gone on such a dive tour?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom