Canadians invade Australia!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried Apollo Bay last year...no go. And any info you have about sites would be appreciated burna.

Sas,
I love steels...but figured someone might have some ALs they don't use that much. I am only bringing one big steel and my deco bottle, but they probably wont get there new certs until after I hit Kennett.
If I could get fills down there, then I could get away with a couple.

Sas...ya ready for some deco? I wanna hit a sub or two! :D

Thanks again...I think I might be getting excited :wink:

O

Hey so are you going to have your steel tanks certified to be used in Australia? I have heard about that, so was wondering if it is easy or not to do so??

Ok well I'll ask around about tanks :) There are stacks of those old AL tanks on ebay for half nothing but they won't get filled by nearly all shops any more so keep that in mind~ There was an explosion in NSW and a guy was really badly injured so shops have stopped filling them mostly.

Yep ready for the subs! :D And the Canberra is turning into an awesome site now too :) The ship is listing quite a lot and also there is growth on it now :)

Hey so are you going to have your steel tanks certified to be used in Australia? I have heard about that, so was wondering if it is easy or not to do so??

Ok well I'll ask around about tanks :) There are stacks of those old AL tanks on ebay for half nothing but they won't get filled by nearly all shops any more so keep that in mind~ There was an explosion in NSW and a guy was really badly injured so shops have stopped filling them mostly.

Yep ready for the subs! :D And the Canberra is turning into an awesome site now too :) The ship is listing quite a lot and also there is growth on it now :)

I have to send the stamp numbers to a couple of "experts" in Australia to see if the can be re-certified there. I think they will, considering most of the steel tanks they have there are made here.

I am not in the market for any AL....just needing cylinder rentals for a longer time then overnight.
I will access what we need when I get down there. The offspring is certified and will be diving also. It would cost me more to bring all my tanks then they are worth to replace down there. The ones I cant replace are the two I am bringing.
I should really think about that though also...where is the cheapest place to buy tanks?
Thanks again,
O

DiveImports.com (Powered by CubeCart) in Perth prices are pretty hard to beat. (Not to be confused with diveimportsaustralia which is a diff company in Sydney)

You need to call or email them for prices on Fabers, they don't list them on the web.

I just bought a 12Ltr for $399 delivered to my door.

I'll email you the shore dive info soon.

Thanks I have just emailed them.
12 ltr? I need one of those for a pony bottle :wink: I'm a gas hog! twin 15s are looking good

I have to send the stamp numbers to a couple of "experts" in Australia to see if the can be re-certified there. I think they will, considering most of the steel tanks they have there are made here.

I am not in the market for any AL....just needing cylinder rentals for a longer time then overnight.
I will access what we need when I get down there. The offspring is certified and will be diving also. It would cost me more to bring all my tanks then they are worth to replace down there. The ones I cant replace are the two I am bringing.
I should really think about that though also...where is the cheapest place to buy tanks?
Thanks again,
O

Yea I presume it is just some silly paperwork thing rather than an actual problem with the tanks!

Tanks for rental should be ok to sort out :)

Cool you have your child diving too, you've made your own dive buddy!

Thanks I have just emailed them.
12 ltr? I need one of those for a pony bottle :wink: I'm a gas hog! twin 15s are looking good

Yep Dive Imports is the cheapest around! And they sell Fabers too, some shops sell those flat bottom tanks which are terrible.

Yeah shes a pretty expensive dive buddy :wink:

Dive Imports told me not to bring them..."they cant be inspected"...hmmm?? ya think they might wanna sell me something?

I just received an email...they cant supply or give me a price on twin 15L for me :(

I have 53 days to figure it out...haha

Yeah shes a pretty expensive dive buddy :wink:

Dive Imports told me not to bring them..."they cant be inspected"...hmmm?? ya think they might wanna sell me something?

I just received an email...they cant supply or give me a price on twin 15L for me :(

I have 53 days to figure it out...haha

Hmm that does not sound like them... I know it is very hard to have tanks approved but not sure of process. Most people advise people not to bring tanks. You could ask on the local forum??? Someone might know there.

So they are not selling 15Ls? I have friends who have them I'll ask where they got them and now much.

So they are not selling 15Ls? I have friends who have them I'll ask where they got them and now much.

They will sell me a single...but cant twin them. I can get valves and bands here if need be.
Thanks,
O

They will sell me a single...but cant twin them. I can get valves and bands here if need be.
Thanks,
O

Ohh yes fair nuff, cool. My friend got his 15L tanks from an LDS for $600... I would imagine Dive Imports does them a bunch cheaper! Would hope so anyway.

When I got my twin 12s I got them from dive imports and got them setup as a twinset elsewhere :)

Back
Top Bottom