Cancel supporting member status

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please do not renew my supporting member status and change me to a regular, non-paying member.

Thanks.

You have to cancel the recurring payment yourself. Scubaboard can not do it for you.

I believe you have to do that through PayPal.

Finally got tired of is Docc?

Maybe we can judge for ourselves......publish the admonishments :D.....that would be fun.

Maybe we can judge for ourselves......publish the admonishments :D.....that would be fun.

I already published the most recent one which involved a certain poll I posted which was apparently not compassionate towards the masses. I need to be kinder and gentler apparently. The poll was removed and I received an email admonishing me for posting it.

Seriously? The memorial service was yesterday and you post this?
Especially knowing that his friends/relatives are reading/posting here. How would it feel if it was your family going through a similar situation.
The thread has been deleted. Any attempt to do so again will likely result in a forum ban for anyone involved.

and then this one:

I pulled it because it was reported by someone who felt it in extremely poor taste. And a 2nd person reported it also.
Frankly I agree but would have not pulled it on my own.
Your initial post - minus the ridiculous poll entries - would have been OK. Several follow-up comments by others weren't going to win prizes for sensitivity either.
There have been at least 2 other threads where you could have asked people to "share" their comments including the one that recently started after the other one was closed.
Theoretically we also have a 1 thread per incident per forum rule but that's been relaxed lately as some people seem to want to start threads in both A&I and their local geo forum.
Many people, either family or friends of Ben are taking this very seriously. Like his wife and kids. I'm sure there were many at the memorial yesterday.
I'm honestly struggling with how you can justify making light of this un-resolved situation with a bogus poll. You could have just asked for comments.
If it is discovered to be a hoax, that will change things then - but not currently - I read some of the reports also.
I haven't seen any official position on that from the Sheriff or other authorities - I guess if it was ruled a hoax, the FBI might go after Ben - yet either.
Or at least ask his family to reimburse for the costs involved - I'm guessing that outside of the volunteer divers there have been some costs borne by the county where Vortex is located - cadaver dogs, sheriff's personnel, vehicles etc.
I'm sure his insurance would be very interested in that outcome also.
As far as I'm concerned the thread stays pulled. If you have a problem with it I think you know my boss: Netdoc
Feel free to contact him for a second opinion. You can also share the contents of my PM's with him.

I don't mind being criticized, railed on, or lectured but I ain't paying $39.95 a year for the privilege.

IIRC I voted that he was still in Mexico.....

If it's the thread I'm thinking of, it was in very poor taste and I'm glad it was pulled down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom