• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Cancellation of booked trips

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by Indah, Mar 18, 2020.

1. BLACKCRUSADER

BLACKCRUSADER Contributor

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    There will be countries like Indonesia that are today recording highest figures. Nobody really knows the true numbers as who knows how many people who are infected will get medical treatment.

In the next 12 - 24 months expect to see a lot of business failures in the resorts and diving industry. Even though Taiwan has very low cases left under quarantine and there is no lock down the hotel industry has been decimated. Obviously no foreign tourists can enter. Domestic tourism for cheaper guest houses is still OK for many and my wife is actually turning new customers away as we still want to have social distancing which would mean only 2 persons to a room. I also have another business which is still running fine but it is sports related so very few live sports events on for the time being. Taiwan and Korea both have live sports events on.

I have seen reports that in Bali some stranded tourists are renting rooms in 3 star resorts for US$200 a month. I know people living in the Philippines who are now living in resorts there are very low costs now as well.

Indah likes this.
  2. Edward3c

Edward3c Instructor, Scuba

Yes, the booking I made was no refund, but because of COVID-19 they decided to amend their policy. That’s why when the lockdown is over I’ll be rebooking with them.

3. Indah

Indah Contributor

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    We are not even sure which flights will be available for affordable rates by the time people want to start traveling for fun again. Without huge government supports many flight carriers will not survive.

chillyinCanada likes this.
  4. Indah

Indah Contributor

That is very loyal of you. We also amended our policy, for as far as we hope we can afford. I hope for you, and for the whole dive industry, your next trip will be soon.

5. chillyinCanada

chillyinCanada ScubaBoard Supporter Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

The management at Absolute Scuba In Padang Bai has done very much the same thing.

Searcaigh likes this.
  6. Indah

Indah Contributor

We all do as much as we can and as long we can do this. But I wonder how this will be the end of this year.

7. BLACKCRUSADER

BLACKCRUSADER Contributor

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    A lot of countries may not allow international flights for several months yet. So focus on whatever domestic tourism can bring. The wealthy are still wealthy in most cases.

Indah likes this.
  8. Ministryofgiraffes

Ministryofgiraffes Contributor

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    It would be nice to have a topic focused exclusively on ‘xxxxx country Has now opened its airport with no 14 day quarantine’

O-ring likes this.
  9. SeaWarden

SeaWarden Contributor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    If you would like to sell any boat engines, and/or boat to keep the business alive during this period please let me know. We are looking to purchase additional speedboats.

10. Indah

Indah Contributor

Thanks for the offer. Our boats/engines/compressors/tanks are probably the last things we would sell however. We have quite some land with full ownership we will try to sell some parts of. And maybe some of our cars. Another solution we consider is to try to find a partner who would like to live and work in Indonesia and could invest money to cover the costs until we can start again. With 3 resorts we could use some extra input anyway. Firsts we will have to see how the situation worldwide develops. In the meantime I wish all affected by this extreme situation all the strength you need.