• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Cancellation of booked trips

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by Indah, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Indah

Indah Contributor

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Thanks, I indeed wondered what visitors of this forum think about this. By the way, we offer rescheduling without a time limit. But I can imagine that it will take some time before people want to share a plane for 14 or more hours with others again. The domestic flight here in Indonesia are of course not that long, but with much less personal space and worse air quality. Keeping a distance at a live aboard will be a challenge in a different way again. But I hope you are right. That people are so eager to travel again that they accept to have a bit less comfort, higher costs and bit more risk. The risks will probably be much less than driving a motorbike at Bali, try the local alcohol or sit in a room full of smokers.

chillyinCanada likes this.
  2. Dan

Dan ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I agree with your accessment. I may even go diving as early as July. I still have a liveaboard trip to Guadalupe, Mexico with Nautilus Belle Amie in late July that I have not reschedule.

Also, there is talk about herd immunity that sounds like a good news:

3. Indah

Indah Contributor

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    I do not want to rain on your parade. But Herd Immunity is still a very long way to go. Especially without a good vaccine. And looking at the numbers, the pandemic in Mexico is just starting. I so much hope I am wrong.

chillyinCanada likes this.
  4. Diver Rick

Diver Rick Contributor

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    I have no idea. We had to re-book for June 2021 to get our credits with Garuda Air. And who knows if the live aboard is there in 13 months. However at this point, no choice but to hope. My gut feeling is that if travel is still a no go because of the pandemic, the offers will be renewed and we'll go through the exercise again!

For now, hoping for the best.

chillyinCanada and Indah like this.
  5. SeaWarden

SeaWarden Contributor

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    Without customers, boats would have to still clean every year, costing around $10k-20k to haul up because wooden boats .. and water require maintenance.. and there is crew cost of $1-2k a month..