Cancellation of booked trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find this policy strange and a deal breaker,
If I paid $4000 for a trip and get a credit I expect to be able to use that $4000 in whole regardless of the final cost of the stay. Not pay $6000 for a $4000 holiday. Especially if the trip cancellation was out of my control.

View attachment 574699

But we do never demand a down payment or deposit. Only if somebody wants to get a 10% discount on that part of their reservation. And then we clearly mention the conditions.

Just to clarify, if I had a 4000 credit and booked a trip for 6000 I could only use 3000 of my credit toward the 6000 bill (50%), right? What happens to the other 1000 in credit? Can I then apply that to another trip at a later date?

I forgot to mention. In the email we always clarify it once more:
The 10% discount is on any part of your booking (except from the transfers) you would pay before 01 October 2019. But please note that there is no refund in case you would cancel that part of your reservation. For example, you could already pre-pay the accommodation and decide about the dives when you are here. Or pay both the accommodation and the dives.

Just to clarify, if I had a 4000 credit and booked a trip for 6000 I could only use 3000 of my credit toward the 6000 bill (50%), right? What happens to the other 1000 in credit? Can I then apply that to another trip at a later date?

Thank you. Yes, indeed that is correct. Although I still think that it is Goodwill, not an obligation. We even mention in the confirmation mail clearly:
The 10% discount is on any part of your booking (except from the transfers) you would pay before xxxxxxxx. But please note that there is no refund in case you would cancel that part of your reservation. For example, you could already pre-pay the accommodation and decide about the dives when you are here. Or pay both the accommodation and the dives.

I like that idea a lot to keep a not yet used credit for a next reservation. Indeed you could use it under the same conditions for a next trip. Please note that we do not limit the time until when you can use your credit (s).

Please correct me if I am wrong but your customer sounds like they paid in advance to get a 10% discount which you have previously indicated if that discount is taken, there are no refunds.

Your customer is not asking for a refund. They are not canceling. They are postponing and changing the dates. They are asking for a reschedule to a new date which it sounds like you are unwilling to do and that is why they are upset.

We need to think. Don't we want a hotel or resort to be open the next time we're actually able to visit them?

What's a compromise that you can accept?

Rebooking credit is a fair compromise. The resort keeps the money in the short term which can allow them to stay open. Guest will eventually get the vacation they paid for. I doubt occupancy will be high enough that resorts would be turning away a new paying guest to accomodate someone using a credit anytime soon. Travel is going to be depressed for a while until the recession recovery is complete.

Please correct me if I am wrong but your customer sounds like they paid in advance to get a 10% discount which you have previously indicated if that discount is taken, there are no refunds.

Your customer is not asking for a refund. They are not canceling. They are postponing and changing the dates. They are asking for a reschedule to a new date which it sounds like you are unwilling to do and that is why they are upset.

I see the point you make. In my first opinion they canceled. We are still open and ready to offer them our services. But how to deal in general then we re-scheduling? Have all customers always the right to re-schedule?

I see the point you make. In my first opinion they canceled. We are still open and ready to offer them our services. But how to deal in general then we re-scheduling? Have all customers always the right to re-schedule?

I can understand your desire to not allow customers to re-schedule regularly, prior to all of this happening or maybe after all of this is simmered down....but is it possible to let them re-schedule considering current events? She is not wanting her money back. You can keep it. She will come for those services you openly offer at a later date.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom