Cancun diving or cenote? (been to Cozumel before)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I booked a hotel on Cancun hotel-zone and am planning to dive around Cancun.
Please recommend me a dive shop.

I've been to Cozumel and dived couple of famous reefs. Is the sealife at Cancun different from Cozumel? I may skip any boat dive at Cancun and just do cenotes or caverns around Cancun. Cenote is really worthy? Can I see some fishes in cenotes?

It seems cenote costs more than just boat dive.

^^

The life in the cenotes is not the main attraction, but we find few species ( turtles, shrimps, some fishes). Depending the cenote you go, you will find sun light shines, formations (stalactites, stalagmites, columns ), halocline (mixture between fresh and salt water), air domes with tree roots, and amazing views of the cavern.
It is an amazing an unique experience. Cheers

Hola Jaylee, if you want to get a taste of great dives in cancun (lots of subaquatic life, wreck diving) cozumel wall dives and cenotes, check out www.cancundiving.com call toll free and design your own dive package, not much more to say about cenotes than has been said here already, it is another world. Let me know if I may be of any assistance.
Hope this info helps.

I booked a hotel on Cancun hotel-zone and am planning to dive around Cancun.
Please recommend me a dive shop.

I've been to Cozumel and dived couple of famous reefs. Is the sealife at Cancun different from Cozumel? I may skip any boat dive at Cancun and just do cenotes or caverns around Cancun. Cenote is really worthy? Can I see some fishes in cenotes?

It seems cenote costs more than just boat dive.

^^
Talk to Ben@mayanaquadive if you havent already.. He can get you both to the cenotes and the local dives. And theire both worth it. The thing with the cenotes is not the sealife but the amazing formations (and locations)

Hello Jaylee
I recommend to dive Cenotes is a unique dive in Yucatan Peninsula , go whit Playa Scuba Dive Center * Diving in Playa del Carmen * Diving in Cozumel * Diving in Cenotes* Diving in Mexico the best prices small personalized groups great atmosphere recommend to go to Dos Ojos beautiful dive to.
see you underwater

Luis, Yes, we know you recommend Playa Scuba. Twice in this thread. Since joining, 14 out of 14 of your posts have promoted Playa Scuba. Do you work for them? If not, they should pay you for your promotion. :wink:

Jaylee, Have a great trip! Get some ocean dives in, get some cenote dives in.
Dos Ojos is a beautiful Cenote. However, it is at least an hour south of Playa del Carmen. Outside of Tulum. Being that you are staying in Cancun, you may want to check out Chikin Ha, Taj or Ponderosa. They are just south of Playa del Carmen. Definitely closer than Dos Ojos. If you don't mind the drive, DJ is definitely a nice Cavern dive.

jcf

I agree with the other folks. If you are in Cancun, then you definitely should ring up Ben, www.mayanaquadive.com. A lot of people denigrate Cancun diving but the reefs are very good and it is a schlep to the cenotes, but worth the trip. It goes quickly getting your briefing on the way down.

I hope you have great weather and dive safe!

Back
Top Bottom