Cancun, Riv Maya, Coz or PDC - I need a good resort with a great dive instructor - ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've stayed at Iberostar Cozumel and Paraiso Lindo (Playa) and dove with Dressel Divers at both resorts. My son received his OW cert at IB Cozumel and his Advanced at IB Paraiso Lindo through Dressel. I will highly recommend both. The dive crew, dive masters and instructors at both were top notch. I've dove all over the Carib and these folks are great.

I would recommend picking Iberostar Cozumel because this is, overall, the best set-up for divers. This resort is the single closest resort to the best reefs in Mexico. The diving is amazing, even if you choose to stay shallower. The resort has a great pier so it's easy on and off the boats. Dressel boats are good sized so everyone is comfortable. Dive sites are so close that the boat goes back to the resort between dives = refreshments! The instructors are awesome. The crew is well trained to focus on great customer service. This is simply the best setup for all-inclusive dive resort with other options. The resort is beautiful. The one down side is the beach is rocky. Otherwise, this is a great place.

I highly recommend Alvaro Gonzalez of Alwaysdiving.com. I believe he's also on these forums. He's not affiliated with any resort, but he is the best I can recommend in Mexico. You will not be disappointed. Highly personalized, safe, highly experienced and knowledgeable, and extremely reasonably priced. Also, he limits the maximum number of divers per dive to 6, which (to me) is very important for safety reasons and general diving enjoyment. One of the few dive operators I've come across that genuinely is more concerned about spreading the love for diving than the commercial touristy aspect you see so much these days. You'll leave Mexico not only with great memories, but with a priceless friendship!

You can also check us out. We are Scuba 10 and we are located 2 blocks from the beach in downtown Playa Del Carmen. We offer an array of PADI certifications as well as certified dives in Playa Del Carmen, Cozumel and the nearby fresh water cenotes. We can accommodate all levels of divers and being a smaller shop you can really personalize your experience. Feel free to contact us via email at diveplayainfo@yahoo.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom