Canister for PLB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mavric

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All I’ve decided on a PLB being the ACR Aqualink and I need to get a dive canister to accommodate this please. I have looked at HDV Seatek but the sellers seems to be away and also seen the Custom Divers options but there are mixed reviews on the CD option and poor opinions on HDV Seatek. It seems McMurdo no longer manufacture their canisters and I can’t seem to find anything else. Any suggestions or recommendations please folks??

Hi All I’ve decided on a PLB being the ACR Aqualink and I need to get a dive canister to accommodate this please. I have looked at HDV Seatek but the sellers seems to be away and also seen the Custom Divers options but there are mixed reviews on the CD option and poor opinions on HDV Seatek. It seems McMurdo no longer manufacture their canisters and I can’t seem to find anything else. Any suggestions or recommendations please folks??
I had Light Monkey make me a couple of dozen. They are all gone now, all but one or 2, but call Corey and see what he can do for you.

They aren't cheap, but they are bulletproof. You'll never replace it.

I went through this a couple of years ago. I tried the HDV Seatek one twice, and both of them leaked (I can send you my old one if you want it, although it had a slow leak whenever I used it). I thought about the underwater flashlight housing option (the old ones that used D cell batteries), but ultimately I talked to DUI and they made me a blank-topped Blueheat battery canister that works perfectly; it's a bit big, but it gets strapped to my tank band and I don't notice it while diving. It not only holds my ACR PLB, but a mylar blanket, tracer dye, keys, wallet, and even some granola bars if I want. I use it when diving Bonaire all the time so I don't have to leave anything in the truck, and it's never leaked, even on 75 minute dives to 130 feet. There's a thread and review about it on here somewhere.

FWIW, I’ve moved to one of those old trash-can sized Halcyon Pro14 canisters. 3D printed a couple of dividers, and now the bottom half holds a Lifeline, PLB, signal mirror, dye maker, and whistle all in a small mesh bag with clip. A removable divider separates that from the top half, where I put my cell phone, wallet, keys, and anything else of value (after having a window smashed and my truck burglarized during a dive, I don’t leave anything valuable and don’t lock it any more).

Best thing was, it was FREE—someone gave it to me for the price of shipping, happy to get it out of their garage without having to throw it away.

Try this one, its made for your ACR PLB, same as I use. I don't know the link but its now available on Amazon, "Wicked PLB Dive Canister". I'm looking for an extra set of spare O-rings if anyone finds this out it would be much appreciated.

I have a HDVSeaTek it leaks, I emailed the seller, I was told to use more silicon on seal, did that, it still leaks. Forget it.

After extensive research I have just last week ordered one of these:
ffsystems.co.uk - PLB Canisters

Looks the goods to me. Its on its way from the UK to Australia at the moment. I will take some photos when it arrives.

Here is a photo from there website:
wp0c0af183_06.png

Back
Top Bottom