• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Canister for PLB

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Mavric, Apr 23, 2020.

1. scuba2you

scuba2you Angel Fish

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    You might try the Wicked PLB canister, its for the ACR units among others, I've had it about a year with no problems. I did just check its sold out on

Spot on, there is no leak in a PLB canister that is acceptable for a variety of reasons, I don't touch my canister once sealed for 6 months or even a year, I need to know its dry. I also use a model that has a bit more kit in a compact size for the ACR models. Exposure protection and night signaling being two of them.

2. seeker242

seeker242 DIR Practitioner

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    A small leak is not at 5ATM of pressure. And the OP made no mention of ever going that deep to begin with. Like it says in his profile “just an average recreational diver”

3. seeker242

Did the OP mention anything about wanting to keep a key fob in there? No he did not. If the PLB needs to be dry, then you shouldn’t be bringing that PLB into a marine environment to begin with. An Aqualink PLB does not need to be dry, that’s why it’s called an “aqua” link. Aqua means water. Water is wet. Obviously.

4. scuba2you

scuba2you Angel Fish

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    I think "purpose of use" matters here. If you close your canister and don't want to check it for water every dive, its best to have a canister that doesn't leak at all, as we all know leaks are cumulative and leaks can get worse etc.

There are canisters for the ASCR that don't leak, it would seem to me that would be a better solution than arguing over a leaking canister being good enough or not.

RogueClimber likes this.
  5. RogueClimber

RogueClimber ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Sponsor ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    Well I feel fully scolded by our expert here.

I NEVER knew aqua meant water. WOW!

Sorry I was just trying to add a consideration that many divers need to keep in mind if they are buying a leaky canister. Though they may have the aqualink PLB they may not want to add a keyfob to said canister....

I'm glad to see you serving as such a goodwill ambassador for your company.

6. seeker242

I NEVER knew that water is wet, and I'm sure others did not either, WOW! Thanks for pointing that out! :rofl3:

7. chillyinCanada

chillyinCanada ScubaBoard Supporter Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

There may be some existing posts deleted.

We strongly recommend that the tone in this thread become more one of cooperation. If you haven't something of value to add on the topic, do not post. You will be deleted and may become subject to a thread ban.