Canister Light: Anyone ever swap a toggle switch for a piezo switch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

73diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My canister light has the normal toggle switch with a rubber boot that fits over it. There are some canister lights that have a waterproof piezo switch installed.

Has anyone on the forum ever swapped a normal toggle for a piezo switch?

Just finished changing out the switch on my home made can light to a piezo. Spent a small fortune on getting one that worked correctly.
their are three main types. Momentary short pulse, Momentary long pulse and latching type that are powered. I ended up using a latch type as it worked best but not 100% for the H6flex led driver card that I used.
  • RS Stock No. 691-9418
  • Manufacturer Apem
  • Mfr. Part No. PBAR11FB000

Thanks for the reply. I will check out the Apem switch.

I was looking at an environmentally-sealed (and tamper proof) Schurter piezo switch P/N:1241.241.7. This switch is intended to flush-mount in a 16-mm dia. hole. The normal toggle switch mounts in a 12.7-mm or 0.5" hole. A single switch is available from DigiKey (P/N:486-1569-ND) for around $26.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom