Canister Light Cord?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HenrikBP

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
The cord on my can light is not flexible enough for my liking. Can anyone recommend a type or brand of cable that is "water resistant" and flexible while being sturdy enough for use on a can light?

Thanks,

Henrik

cordial cls 240

Thanks Lucca. Speaker cable, eh. A quick search didn't reveal any US sources, but I'm sure something similar exists.

I have also been recommended cable Type SJOOW, 2 Conductor, 16 AWG.

Henrik

Yes speaker cable , resistant on tearing , very soft because of very fine wiring . Wire is 16 AWG (2x 4mm2) I use them on my projects .

Just Agro glands lower brass part must be little grinded with dremel or similar tool for cca 0,2 mm .

SJOOW is ok but that cable is much better :)

P8032937.JPG

Very nice. Clearly a very soft / flexible cable.

I'll have to see what we have around here. So you open up the inside diameter of the agro gland by about .2 mm, hmmm.

I wonder what size gland I have in my light now - no doubt the sealing rubber part is much smaller diameter.

Thanks again,

Henrik

Henrik,

I am going to be in Europe over the Christmas holidays and the local electronics store carries the Cordial cls 240 cable. Shall I bring a couple extra yards?

I am going to be in Europe over the Christmas holidays and the local electronics store carries the Cordial cls 240 cable. Shall I bring a couple extra yards?

Thanks Claus, that's very kind of you. Let me see what I find around here first - I'll let you know.

Ideally (yeah - fat chance :) ) I would like to find cable that is the same thickness as my current cable, which is a tad thinner than what is commonly used on H and LM HID lights. Otherwise I will have to replace the agro glands, and I'd much prefer not to do that of course.

Henrik

Ideally (yeah - fat chance :) ) I would like to find cable that is the same thickness as my current cable, which is a tad thinner than what is commonly used on H and LM HID lights. Otherwise I will have to replace the agro glands, and I'd much prefer not to do that of course.

Henrik

I know they make EO cords in two diameters; if using an EO connection makes sense for you.

problem are tolerances which have any cable , still better in + than in -

Yes, I see you point. I would much prefer the cable be "snug" to "tight" in the gland, than have it be loose and leaky :)

So the cable you use is 9.5mm in diameter. That's pretty hefty.

I haven't had a chance to go look for cable yet, but I will report back when I do.

Thanks for all the suggestions,

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom