Cannister Batteries and Flying

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tel-scuba

Registered
Reaction score
I got a wonderful new DiveRite HID 10W lamp for Christmas, and now I want to take it on a trip.

Will there be a problem packing this light in a suitcase, going through airport security? With the connections and the way it's wrapped, I certainly can understand that the battery and cannister (even if separated) would look suspicious under the X-ray. Even if the airport screeners decided to open the suitcase to take a look, will they then recognize it for what it is?

Any experience with this?

I normally put my light cannister in my carry on bag and have had a couple of questions, but no issues with it yet. I would suggest bringing along a copy of the instructions that came with the light. If it becomes an issue you can use the instructions to help explain it to them.

When I went to Seattle over Thanksgiving, I had to put my battery in my checked suitcase per TSA. I kept the light in my carry on which of course resulted in physical inspection of my bag. Other than that, no problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom