Canoe/ Kayak Races Poughkeepsie NY April 28th 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cc.harley

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello everyone, the Aquatic Explorers Scuba Club would like to invite you all to join us for what is sure to be a great time!.

It's time for our annual Canoe and Kayak races here in the Hudson Valley on Wappingers Creek.

The Course begins in Pleasant Valley NY and ends approximately 8 miles down river in Poughkeepsie NY at Greenvale Park.

Awards will be given in several age and boat categories.

Both Kayaks and Canoes will be available for rent, or you can bring your own boats.

T shirts and Food will be available at the end of the course.

For more Information Check out our website at Aquaticexplorers.org

Better Yet, bring your Scuba Buddy and Join our Club!

We own and Maintain our own 24hr access AIR SHED!!!!!!!! Can You say "FREE AIR FILLS"?

I would like to know where the put in and take out are located. Also do you provide transportation back to the put in location?

---------- Post added April 16th, 2012 at 11:30 PM ----------

Hi

Put in Pleasant Valley NY and out at Greenvale Park in Poughkeepsie. Please see our website at Aquaticexplorers.com for more details. While there are no formal plans for drives back there are plenty of people who go back and forth. I'm sure we can get you back. I look forward to seeing you there.

Thanks
Carlos

Last edited:
Just found out I will not be able to attend due to a prior commitment but I will get up there some time this year to paddle that river. It looked interesting from what I saw on Google Earth. Any good spots to kayak dive in that area when I am done?

Sorry you wont be able to attend. The river is great but nowhere deep enough for any diving. Thanks for your interest.

---------- Post added April 24th, 2012 at 07:11 AM ----------

:D:eyebrow::)

Sorry you wont be able to attend. The river is great but nowhere deep enough for any diving. Thanks for your interest.

---------- Post added April 24th, 2012 at 07:11 AM ----------

:D:eyebrow::)

I was thinking more about diving in the Hudson. Anything in that area worth diving?

Couple of local lakes are a better bet!

---------- Post added April 26th, 2012 at 09:41 PM ----------

Everyone!!! the rains have brought the creek up and it is well cleared for smooth sailing! Come on out this Saturday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom