Canon 300D Digital Rebel with Sea & Sea Housing, Lens, port and extras included

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about shooting macro?

Yes, you can shoot macro with this setup.

That is one of the desirable features of this rig. The included lens and port offer a good compromise to both macro and wide angle shooting. This allows a diver to enter the water with just one camera, and shoot both types of subjects if desired. You don't have to commit to one type of subject or another for any given dive. If a person was interested in shooting at the extreme ends of the spectrum (fish-eye wide angle or ultra-close-up macro) then just add the appropriate lens or port to accommodate this type of shooting.

Yes, you can shoot macro with this setup.

That is one of the desirable features of this rig. The included lens and port offer a good compromise to both macro and wide angle shooting. This allows a diver to enter the water with just one camera, and shoot both types of subjects if desired. You don't have to commit to one type of subject or another for any given dive. If a person was interested in shooting at the extreme ends of the spectrum (fish-eye wide angle or ultra-close-up macro) then just add the appropriate lens or port to accommodate this type of shooting.

But are ports still available for an old housing? I was looking at the Canon 60mm macro lens but I'm positive that it would require a different port.
Sorry about all of the questions but I've only housed p & s cameras so far.....

But are ports still available for an old housing? I was looking at the Canon 60mm macro lens but I'm positive that it would require a different port.
Sorry about all of the questions but I've only housed p & s cameras so far.....

Yes, the port mounts are still the same configuration on this housing as they are for the newer housings. All of the ports will fit this housing.

Sea And Sea USA

There are also after-market companies like Athena that make great specialty ports that will fit as well. They make an excellent port for the Canon 60mm lens.

You can contact me directly too if you would like with any specific questions.

Regards

Price reduction to $600 for a quick sale

This is based on a recent market analysis, and of course, a need to sell to pay for some new toys :D

Can the port be used with any other lens? Looks like the 18-55 would be useless, so something in the range of 10-22 would be needed. But to get a extra lens, additional port would make a usable camera pretty steep.

Actually, this lens makes an excellent all purpose lens with both macro and wide angle capabilities. That is why Sea & Sea developed this port. The Sigma 18-50mm can be used with this port, as well. If a person was interested in shooting at the extreme ends of the spectrum (fish-eye wide angle or ultra-close-up macro) then just add the appropriate lens or port to accommodate this type of shooting. This would be the case for any DSLR. I think that you will find that most DSLR underwater photographers have a few lenses and ports in there collection, depending on the subjects they are shooting.

Hope this helps. You are welcome to contact me directly if you have specific questions regarding the camera setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom