Canon A570 IS vs. A720 IS - need advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone know where I can get a spare/replacement O-ring for this camera's underwater housing?

Direct from cannon. They are like $8 a piece I think last time I ordered some.

Just picked up the Canon PowerShot A570IS at Office Depot for $119 today. Mgr saw me looking it ($179 on price tag) and told me she thought she just saw it on her manual markdown sheet. Sure enough it was $119 new in box or $99 for the display unit. Underwater housing is on the way from Amazon. Now I just need for figure out how to use it before my Western Carib. cruise next weekend.

Just picked up the Canon PowerShot A570IS at Office Depot for $119 today. Mgr saw me looking it ($179 on price tag) and told me she thought she just saw it on her manual markdown sheet. Sure enough it was $119 new in box or $99 for the display unit. Underwater housing is on the way from Amazon. Now I just need for figure out how to use it before my Western Carib. cruise next weekend.

It's really pretty straight forward...look up some of my suggestions on it in previous posts or give some of us a hollar....good luck and enjoy........

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and especially Diver85. I went ahead and bought the A570 and housing this morning from Amazon. I'm also just about to purchase everything else recommended here like the batteries, charger, and media storage.

One last thing I need though is a carrying case. I am going on vacation and I want to put my investment into something that will protect it since I probably won't be taking it as carry on since I will have my regular land camera.

Anyone have a recommendation for a carryin case that will hold the camera, hosuing, batteries, charger et al?

Thanks
JP

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this thread and especially Diver85. I went ahead and bought the A570 and housing this morning from Amazon. I'm also just about to purchase everything else recommended here like the batteries, charger, and media storage.

One last thing I need though is a carrying case. I am going on vacation and I want to put my investment into something that will protect it since I probably won't be taking it as carry on since I will have my regular land camera.

Anyone have a recommendation for a carryin case that will hold the camera, hosuing, batteries, charger et al?

Thanks
JP

I bought this from Wal-mart for $20 I believe. I would not check my underwater camera supplies. Same reason I carry-on my regs and computer. If it gets lost or damaged I would hate to have to rent something to shoot underwater.
101_2633.jpg

Thanks, I guess I should have waited until my stuff arrived and saw what it looks like. I was expecting something much bigger. As far as checking goes, I will have to go to deltas site and see what I am allowed for carry on sizes. It's been a long time since I have flown civilian.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom