Canon G15 UW setting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caileon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I recently upgraded my g10 to a g15. Does anyone have solid UW setting that they have tried out? Are you just using scenario mode for UW shooting? Or making your own setting in program mode. Also, can you use UW macro in program mode. I can't seem to get that to work. Just the normal macro mode. I am using the canon UW housing and a Sea&Sea YS-D1 strobe.

Thanks
Eric

I typically shoot in M as well. But saw the UW Macro feature in scenario mode and wonder why it wasn't available in M or P. Is it the same as normal macro mode?

What is your AF frame set to. When it is set to tracking AF. Macro is turn off. Flexizone is the only viable option.

If you're talking about the center zone magnifying when it's in focus prior to shooting, then I believe I have it on flexzone. Am too lazy to get up and go check but will get back to you when I decide to get up from being a couch potato sometime this evening.

The more high-end the cameras get, the less programs they seem to have - Id take that as a a hint :p
I have never used the preprogrammed modes on my cameras at all under water, except testing them.
Auto works if you "just need that shot" or if youre going to post process the raw files and dont need control over the speed or dof.
If you need control over one or both of those, you have av, tv and manual.
The custom programs is of course nice though as you can put your most used settings in there and go directly to them.

I recently upgraded my g10 to a g15. Does anyone have solid UW setting that they have tried out? Are you just using scenario mode for UW shooting? Or making your own setting in program mode. Also, can you use UW macro in program mode. I can't seem to get that to work. Just the normal macro mode. I am using the canon UW housing and a Sea&Sea YS-D1 strobe.

Thanks
Eric

You and I the same caileon - I picked up a G15 last week, and it'll be with me diving next week - would love to see some pics of 'macro' and 'distance' pics - and know the most successful settings others have been using and what mode they've been shooting in ? F, ISO etc

F/, iso, shutter speed.. they are all dependent on eachother and the conditions you shoot in so there wont be a "one size fit all" - Youll be closer to one if you have a strobe though..

Back
Top Bottom