canon g2 and housing ikelite

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mantaboy

Registered
Reaction score
Bonjour everybody
I am thinking of buying a digital camera canon G2 and ikelite housing. It is for work but I do not want a too expensive professional stuff. Has anybody got the same? Can you do some macro with it? To post it here in French Polinesia, it cost 260$ just for the post! ! ! ! Has anybody got a better idea or some friends that come in FP for holidays soon?
Merci for your replies and sugestions
MMMMMMMMMMMMMANTABOY

But I might have to fight Finesse for the chance! And I understand that he's bigger than me....:boxing:

I'm sure that with all the great posts about FP lately, someone will be going. Good luck!

Your disk is on the way.

Steve

:laugh: ....Lets Get Ready To Rumbleeeeee!!!!!..... :wanna: Something tells me Scuba Jims gonna want a piece of the action.....Cage match???? =-)

By the time the francs under the mattresses accumulates enough to get back to that side of the world ....... I'm sure the model of the camera will have changed to the..... Super Deluxe 8 gazillion megapixel model that has a wireless modem connection to instantly upload pics to the Scubaboard as you take them :eek: The pictures will look so real that they will feel wet and you will want to be wearing scuba gear to view them!!!!

Anyhow .... I feel your pain about shipping..... to ship a small wood carving home from Bora Bora was something like $120 and took about 4-5 weeks ....but I must say I was impressed with the wood crate it came in!!!!

Oh yea ..... I have read good stuff about that camera....Consumer Reports ( a product testing company{supposed to be unbiased} and magazine ) had very good things to say about that model......And you already know about the Ikelite housing

Now if Gilles wants to pay airfare..........:D

and if I have to, I will personally deliver your camera to you! I mean, come on Thierry - do you want a man or a woman to personally give it to you???? The choice seems pretty obvious to me! :wink:

--Robin

Hey, mantaboy. I have the same setup. Haven't had a chance to use it in open water yet, have 23 days yet to go at this point before I do :). But I do know that you can take some very nice macro shots using this setup. You can see some photos taken by another diver using the same setup here...

http://www.pbase.com/derway/kona_underwater_g2

-Roman.

Back
Top Bottom