Canon G7X Mark II camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is that the DM from a Mike Severns?

I currently have the Canon G16 with Fantasea housing.

Wondering if it’s worthwhile to upgrade to the Canon G7X Mark II with Fantasea housing? Is There a noticeable difference?

Or would you recommend waiting for the next version???

Thank you in advance!

Personally, I'd wait for the next version, although we don't know when Canon might release a G7X Mk III. There were some rumors early this year that were proved to be fake. Both cameras have same lens, sensor, video resolution, etc.

If you're itchy for some improvements, maybe look towards wet lenses, strobes, or other accessories...? Happy to help with that via PM.

I would also recommend waiting. My rule of thumb is that the new camera must have some feature I simply cannot live without (remember when 1080p video finally arrived in point-and-shoot?) or else the optics/software/megapixels etc. have to be about 10x (order of magnitude) better in order for me to switch.

The biggest costs are always the underwater housing and anything else you decide to upgrade at the same time (strobes, cables, lights, etc.).

If it's working and you like your photos, why upgrade?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom