CANON G7X MARK II QUESTIONS...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alemaok

New
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good afternoon everyone,
it' s been a few years that I dive, and now decided to buy a new camera.I decided to buy the canon g7x mark ii but still unsure about the housing.I would probably buy a wide angle lens, but I m not sure if to buy a fantasea housing or actually a meikon.My first options is fantasea but it gets quite expensive if i want to buy a wide angle lense.Wondering if you guys have any tips regardings strobes as well...i'm thinking to get the sea and sea ys 01.Is there anything better for the same price range?hope you can help me out guys .All tips are appreciated. Thank you

Good afternoon everyone,
it' s been a few years that I dive, and now decided to buy a new camera.I decided to buy the canon g7x mark ii but still unsure about the housing.I would probably buy a wide angle lens, but I m not sure if to buy a fantasea housing or actually a meikon.My first options is fantasea but it gets quite expensive if i want to buy a wide angle lense.Wondering if you guys have any tips regardings strobes as well...i'm thinking to get the sea and sea ys 01.Is there anything better for the same price range?hope you can help me out guys .All tips are appreciated. Thank you
Hi Alemok,
If anything, I would go with the Fantasea Housing. I bought a Maikon Housing for a DSLR and that was not my smartest choise. Somehow, I'm unable to use the zoom under water, it always get's stuck.
As for the Fantasea, I've been really happy with my housing, but on the same note, my housing just broke and it's only 3 years old. Some cracking in the plastic of the locking mechanism.
As for strobes (and if money might be an isuue) check out I-Torch SS1 and SS2. They both combine strobe and video light, so 2 for the price of 1.

Happy Diving

Back
Top Bottom