Canon Loyalty Program - Refurbished cameras to replace broken cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trigfunctions

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi - This came up in my other thread about my flooded A620.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3095853#post3095853

I thought I would explain my experience with the Canon Loyalty Program that I used to get a refurbished A620 for $125 to replace my flooded one.

I went to Canon's website here: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ContactCanonAct

and clicked on "Click here for support via email."
I selected my model and then it gave me an option to SEND AN E-MAIL INQUIRY. Through that, I sent the following message:
"Hi - I have a Powershot A620 that I like but it has completely
stopped working. I bought it less than two years ago but I don't have
any of the warrantee paperwork handy because I recently moved. It
might still be in a box somewhere. An acquaintance told me that he had a
problem with a Canon camera and Canon offered to sell him a refurbished
camera because it would be too expensive to fix the broken camera. Is
that possible? If so, how do I do it? "

I received a response the next day asking if I wanted to have my camera repaired (at least $90 or more if it was damaged by water) or if I wanted to buy a refurbished one. I replied that I wanted the refurbished one and they sent me the following info:

"The second option is the Canon Loyalty Program. This program allows
youto replace your current camera with a Canon refurbished PowerShot
A620. The refurbished unit offered through this program carries a six
month warranty. The cost for this program is $125, plus $10 shipping
for Second Business Day delivery. If you are interested in this option,
please reply to this message and include and/or confirm the following
information:
1. Full Name:
2. Phone number including area code:
3. Full mailing address including Street, City, State and Zip code (no
P.O. Boxes, APO or FPO):
4. Product model number: A620
5. Product serial number:
6. Date of purchase:
Upon receipt of this information, we will create a record for you in
oursystem and provide you with a case number. You will be required to
calla toll-free number to complete the upgrade process; that number will
be provided with your case number.
We look forward to your reply with the information we have requested
regarding your A620 camera.
Thank you for choosing Canon."

I replied with the info. They e-mailed me a case number a phone number to call [1(866)443-8002]. I called the number, gave them my credit card info, and I have the refurbished camera two days later. I have to send my broken one back to them within 10 days or they will charge me extra.

Very simple and very helpful! Thank you Canon! And Double thanks to jdcpa for suggesting this!!!

Having just flooded my 2 week old A640... I really hope canon Australia is as good...

If they are, I'll be sticking with Canon for my DSLR...

Zee - sorry to hear about the flood. Canon Australia has always been very helpful to me and were a major reason I stuck with Canon when I added a dslr...Nikon service here was pathetic when I was looking and I wasn't willing to deal with that.

Is this info really stickied?

That would be great. What a boon for divers... we seem to wreck our cameras often.:water:

Is this info really stickied?

That would be great. What a boon for divers... we seem to wreck our cameras often.:water:

You betcha...you can either follow the Pink Link in my signature to the UW Photo Everything Sticky or you can get there from the top of the main UW Photo area :) I believe it's in Post #2. We try to update that Sticky as much as possible with excellent tidbits for all!

Thanks for the info. I called the toll free number. They ran me around the maze a bit but a "refurbished" A620 is now on its' way. After it gets here I have 10 days to either send the old one back, or return the one they sent.

By the way, the foks there said it is a "Customer Upgrade Program". So I guess I could have selected other models.

Interesting definition of "refurbished". The guy on the phone told me most of the cameras are one's that were returned by customers who didn't want them but who met the seller's return criteria and that have been thoroughly checked out.

I shoot underwater with a Canon SD700 and I love it. I rarely use my strobe (although I do have an external slave strobe. I use the custon white balance setting that is under the manual controls. I take a white slate down with me and set the white balance at various depths and I get great color. I have also used the Magic filters (M A G I C - F I L T E R S) as well. And then there's always photoshop :)

Here are some of my shots with this camera:
View MY Slide Show

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom