Canon Loyalty Program - Refurbished cameras to replace broken cameras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to post an update.

I emailed Canon about this program as I just flooded my A620 while on Bonaire. Unfortunately now they will only replace the A620 with the A560. Its $75 plus shipping but I'm doubting this camera will fit my canon housing. I'll research it and see but I'd much rather have like for like as the OP received.

Miranda

I emailed Canon about this program as I just flooded my A620 while on Bonaire. Unfortunately now they will only replace the A620 with the A560. Its $75 plus shipping but I'm doubting this camera will fit my canon housing. I'll research it and see but I'd much rather have like for like as the OP received.

Miranda

I went through the same thing about 6 months ago. Canon now has a "product matrix" and depending on your current model camera they'll only let you upgrade to specific models. An A620 to an A560 is hardly what I'd call an upgrade. It was the same deal the gave me and I decided just to sell it for parts on eBay (mine broke, it didn't flood).

You can also repair the camera - by requesting a repair. I got some water in my housing with my A710. I paid $110 to have it fixed and it came back good as new (except a problem with the IS which it is back for). Has been worth it thus far. You might wish to explore that option too.

Miranda
Nope! From Digital Cameras - High-End, Advanced Digital Cameras - Performance and Style, Digital ELPH Cameras - Easy and Fun! A-Series Digital Cameras - Underwater Photo - Canon USA Consumer Products The housing for the A620 is the WP-DC90 while for the A560 there is no Canon housing, and Canon uses the "Buy-Now" requirement to price housings which I cannot get to work on the WP-DC90? So you got a refurbbed camera for $75+ and still have to look around Ebay, Amazon, etc for one to fit your housing huh? Did you find one? Looks like only the A610 & A620 will fit the housing, but they're available on Ebay which is not always the case for specific makes & models.

BTW, another caution: Some Canon housings from the same page are only rated to 9 ft in water. Read closely when ordering. :11: You're safe on the A560 tho, since they don't make a housing for it. :doh:
I went through the same thing about 6 months ago. Canon now has a "product matrix" and depending on your current model camera they'll only let you upgrade to specific models. An A620 to an A560 is hardly what I'd call an upgrade. It was the same deal the gave me and I decided just to sell it for parts on eBay (mine broke, it didn't flood).
Really! Selling for parts/as-is on Ebay is still a hassle, but it's an option. Replacing a camera with a similar one that won't fit you housing is not! :mad:

Pricing Canon P&S cameras is certainly a matter of whom you ask and when. An A580/8 mp is going at the moment on Walmart.com for $140 new but of course those are clearance prices. Finding your model is a crapshoot played on Ebay, Amazon, etc.
You can also repair the camera - by requesting a repair. I got some water in my housing with my A710. I paid $110 to have it fixed and it came back good as new (except a problem with the IS which it is back for). Has been worth it thus far. You might wish to explore that option too.
At least you got one that still fits you housing; well, you had it for a while; hope you have it back by now in good working order.

I'm finally getting around to insuring all of my cameras on a State Farm Inland Marine policy (see http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/basic-scuba-discussions/240365-gear-camera-insurance-choices.html) and I'm having them cover my Canon & Housing as a $400 package for $5/year - no deductible. :cool: Filing police reports and insurance claims is also a hassle but preferable to what you three went thru I think.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom