Canon Powershot SD400

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mkenwood

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings,

I still love my Nikonos 2 but also want to go digital. I have a Canon PoweShot SD400 digital elph Camera. I was thinking of getting a housing for it but can't find any that refer to this exact camera? I have looked on numerous web sites with no success.

My friend has a SeaLife Camera (DC 500), I had the opportunity to use it and really liked it. It also seemed resonable in cost, so I am thinking of taking that path.

Thanks you comments will be welcome.
Mike

I'm pretty sure the only housing Canon have for this model is the splash case, not the one suitable for diving. I adored this camera and bought one for my mom including the case. Then she knocked it off the shelf and the camera is dead :(

The SD range offers no manual controls and these are going to be essential in uw photography or you'll simply be disappointed with your images after a while (or straight away).

You might want to have a look at the A series camers or the S70 or S80, perhaps. If you follow the pink link in my sig you will see a list of cameras that are being used right now, some older, some newer, along with links to discussions & images by other members. Might help put you on the path.

Happy shopping.

Hi Alcina,
Thank you for your feed back, it is appreciated. I did follow your pink link and it is extremely informative. I am making a hard copy for future reference; thank you.
I also took a look at your photographs and they are absolutely beautiful, you are gifted and artistic.

Thanks again,
Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom