Canon RAW-cr2 to Adobe LightRoom2.6 Import

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wcricple

Reaction score
What is the best way to import raw files from my Canon G-11 to Adobe LR2.6?
I just started with this new camera and LR program. I have shot/imported both the .jpg and raw files on the first UW shoot and noticed in many cases the .jpegs are more evenly lit and the backscatter is less amplified than in the raw file. I also have book on LR2 and the author maintains that you import the raw files and convert to .dng and then edit. Should I be using a different raw file converter then import to LR2?

the way i do it it is copy the files (raw or jpg) from the memory card to my hard drive (so they are in the directory structure i like) and then do the "import photos from disk" (adding whatever meta-data i decide may be useful).

most "lite" edits i do directly in LR (and work directly on the Raw image). only if it's a major edit would i the open in Photoshop (then for me it makes a tiff copy).

Last edited:
Thanks Stu, nice pictures on your site BTW

What is the best way to import raw files from my Canon G-11 to Adobe LR2.6?
I just started with this new camera and LR program. I have shot/imported both the .jpg and raw files on the first UW shoot and noticed in many cases the .jpegs are more evenly lit and the backscatter is less amplified than in the raw file. I also have book on LR2 and the author maintains that you import the raw files and convert to .dng and then edit. Should I be using a different raw file converter then import to LR2?

I think the Adobe raw converter is a bit nicer than the Canon one. In my case, I put the card in a card reader, open lightroom and import with the name function and name the imported pics as Catalina, Ship Rock Dive 1 x of y or something like that. That lets me sort pics by place, site, etc.

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom