Canon reco wanted, upgrading fr Powershot SD750 w/ housing (yes old)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a492levy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all - a friend highly recommends the canon g12 but I see a lot of newer ones out, (g16, g7x ?) looking for something good but fairly simple, and I will be purchasing the underwater housing (canon or Fantasea). thanks in advance.

I am learning and have the G7X MK2 and Fantasea housing , works great

I also have the G7X Mk2, but with the Canon housing (at a fraction of the cost). I've only used it on one trip so far and it was great. Obviously I cant comment of the Fantasea housing but the Canon worked fine for me (don't forget the weights though).
The auto white balance worked well in good ambient conditions, but I believe there's no 1-touch manual WB on the Mk2, which there was on the Mk1. IMO for the upgrades the Mk2 is worth getting over the Mk1 though.
Underwater photography is very new to me so have a lot to learn but totally loved the new dimension to my diving.
I bought a Fantasea Radiant 1000X video & dive light for my next trip in May, which arrived this morning...cant wait to try it out now! :D

Hi all - a friend highly recommends the canon g12 but I see a lot of newer ones out, (g16, g7x ?) looking for something good but fairly simple, and I will be purchasing the underwater housing (canon or Fantasea). thanks in advance.
The g12 is good, but obsolete. Obsolete does not make it crap. If you can pick up a g12 and housing for under $200ish then go for it. It will be a great (inexpensive) system to learn on. Make sure you can get the housing before you commit to the camera.

Love my G16 in Fantasea housing w/ Sea and Sea ys27 strobe. Good, simple to use, travel size. Able to add lenses on. I didn't want anything bigger. IMO SLR too big, bulky and costly. Upgraded from G9 in Canon housing. Never had issues with the Canon housing, I am really careful with travel and maintaining O-rings.

I have the G15 and love the pics it can take in macro. I also have the Canon housing while cheaper, I am now looking at getting an adaptor so I can add a fisheye and macro wet lens. So if you are looking for adding wet lenses maybe the more expensive housings would suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom