Canon S100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and i almost had myself convinced to retire my G10 and go full video. :confused:

The S95 is still a good little camera. OK it has better video. It has a wider wide end on its zoom which, in my opinion is more important than the greater length at the long end at least for underwater shots. It has more megapixels 12 vs 10. So it has some nice enchancements but nothing really drastic. Your S95 will still take nice photos.

Thanks Pat - believe me I love my S95, super excited to go diving with it. But my ONLY real beef with it so far is that it's 720p....was secretly hoping for some kinda firmware update to give it 1080....that's why i was miffed to see this. I wonder if it will fit with the Ike housing i just ordered, with a mod kit or something.
Anyways, yeah, still lovin' my 95.....

Great specs and a good upgrade from the S95 for above water use.

I would wait for the housing and wet lens manufacturers to determine how far they would go to make this a viable choice for underwater use.

The 24mm lens and long zoom range might be nice above water but these are the very specifications that may compromise it use in a housing and choice of lenses for use underwater.

Probably inferior the the S90 or S95 for underwater use. The super zoom lens will make wide angle and wet mount lenses nearly impossible. Oh well.

N

after study the picture posted in dpreview,
seem like S100 can't common housing with other S series.
mainly due to the program dial shifted.
other button more or less still within range.

Nemrod is correct,
longer zoom mean difficult on wide angle lens.
wider lens also doesn't help much as most lens is design for 28 or 35mm.

Hmmm...

I was just on the verge of buying a S95, mainly for underwater use. Should I snap one up now before they are gone? Seems like many are saying the S95 will be better than the S100 for underwater use.

Back
Top Bottom