Canon S90 in Canon WP-DC35 Housing: First impressions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, it says how many of their weights you need but I couldn't find out how much each one weighs. 1lb each maybe? The S90 requires 2 weights.

I got my S90 and WP-DC35 with weight kit. The kits 4 plates combine weigh 0.4 lbs on my digital beer belly scale. My scale only shows one decimal, it registers as 0.2kg in case you are wondering.

So, CompuDude... Great posts by the way! I'm getting ready to purchase the S90. I currently have the Canon SD800IS and the Canon housing. I've never had any problems with the camera or the housing. I'm just looking for something new. SO:

Ikelite or Canon? It would seem as though you've chosen to go with the Canon. Which sounds good to me, but I wanted to double check and see if you're still happy with your choice?

I can afford to go with an Ikelite housing with a strobe, cause I don't think you can get a strobe for the Canon, right? I obviously don't have one now, but I'm not even sure if it's available.

If you or something else wouldn't mind helping me out, I'd appreciate it! Thanks.

So, CompuDude... Great posts by the way! I'm getting ready to purchase the S90. I currently have the Canon SD800IS and the Canon housing. I've never had any problems with the camera or the housing. I'm just looking for something new. SO:

Ikelite or Canon? It would seem as though you've chosen to go with the Canon. Which sounds good to me, but I wanted to double check and see if you're still happy with your choice?

I can afford to go with an Ikelite housing with a strobe, cause I don't think you can get a strobe for the Canon, right? I obviously don't have one now, but I'm not even sure if it's available.

If you or something else wouldn't mind helping me out, I'd appreciate it! Thanks.

S90 in the Canon housing firing my Ultramax strobe ...

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 270

Actually, if you read the whole thread, you'll see I returned the Canon housing, and instead went with the Fix housing.

No reason why you can't use at least certain strobes with the Canon housing. It all comes down to what accessories you want access to. I really wanted AD macro lenses AND AD wide angle lenses, or worst case, 67mm of each, and that really meant the Fix housing, for me.

As long as you can block the internal flash, the Canon housing should be fine. I would the the Inon strobes with the blocking film would work well for this.

The Inon mount kits generally include the plug adapter and blocking plate for the housing and for their strobes. The Inon S/D2000 strobes should work fine with the DC35 as soon as Inon releases the kit, supposed April 1. (Or is it April Fools) N

I've used YS110's for years with a canon housing, just takes some creativity in making the blocking piece that holds the optic cable...

ok guys im interested in the cannon s90, currently hav a fuji f31, need your reviews [laymens terms as not an expert at all] and esp what housing SHOULD i be getting, so confused with opinions on cannon v ikelite cant afford the fix one :( i hav no add lenses but want to get them in future hav heard the inon ones are easier to take on and off underwater??? please help plan to keep this camera for long time so need to think of long term use re housing

ok guys im interested in the cannon s90, currently hav a fuji f31, need your reviews [laymens terms as not an expert at all] and esp what housing SHOULD i be getting, so confused with opinions on cannon v ikelite cant afford the fix one :( i hav no add lenses but want to get them in future hav heard the inon ones are easier to take on and off underwater??? please help plan to keep this camera for long time so need to think of long term use re housing

Check my response to your question over on the UWPhotographyGuide forums: View topic - cannon s90 and housing HELP|Underwater Photography Guide

(You got me back onto SB after being offline here for many months!)

Back
Top Bottom