Canon S95 or smilar triple stack macro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use both Patima and Ikelite housing for my S95 and sometimes use 3 stacked Inon Ul165 lens; no problem setting at 1/500 , f8, ISO 80.Now one of the lens have fogged inside, any tips how to disassemble and clean?

I am not 100% sure but I think there is a seal between the two elements of the lens
I would contact inon in the first place
It is tricky to open lenses without spares as if something has gone wrong you have nothing to replace it

I use both Patima and Ikelite housing for my S95 and sometimes use 3 stacked Inon Ul165 lens; no problem setting at 1/500 , f8, ISO 80.Now one of the lens have fogged inside, any tips how to disassemble and clean?

If you have the UCL165LD+M67 combination I don't think another lens would be a problem because with two you get vignetting only on wide
If you have two UCL165AD and an LD to AD converter I would be more careful as this set up has vignetting at medium so with another lens you might be able to use only the max zoom
In general there is no issue stacking lenses other than vignette and additional aberration. This lens is good quality so vignette is the major concern

I'm surprised/ shocked .... is this this first thing that someone has put up and you don't have an answer to?

I've just been looking at macro lens options for the S95, and read about people double and triple stacking the Inon lenses - Inon UCL-165 or Epoque DML-2...

Locally it's easy for me to get hold of the Epoque Macro Lens Mod. DML-2 - are these any good, and/or stackable ?

(P.S. I am a bit of a newbie with cameras...)

The époque lens has a higher magnification than the inon UCL165 (2x instead of 1.5x) but can't be stacked
Construction is with 4 elements whilst the inon is made of two. In theory the inon has less aberration because of how it is built
If you stack two inon you get 3x
I've just been looking at macro lens options for the S95, and read about people double and triple stacking the Inon lenses - Inon UCL-165 or Epoque DML-2...

Locally it's easy for me to get hold of the Epoque Macro Lens Mod. DML-2 - are these any good, and/or stackable ?

(P.S. I am a bit of a newbie with cameras...)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom