Canon WP-DC34 Canon G11 / G12 Housing and Weight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whoot!!! Camera housing arrived in perfect shape, thank you, dhaas!!! :hugs: :dance3:

For those of you that are wondering about the camera - professional shooters use the G10-11-12 cameras for their "snap-shot" camera. This camera does HD video as well as auto-macro -- you really should check it out! It's also completely capable set to pure manual and raw. I have a semi-pro photographer friend that used it on his rafting trip.

Canon G10 & G11 . . . I haz 'em! I recommend them for anyone looking to start underwater photography.

EDIT - I've never seen that camera, used, for under $350! (on the professional photographer's sites)

Jax,

Sounds great :) And YES< The "G" 10, 11 and 12 are great models.

I have a PJ (photojournalist) friend who uses his all the time for reportage shooting.

Regards,

David Haas
www.haasimage.com

P.S. - This photo was taken with a Canon G6 and Ikelite DS50 strobe (!!!!!!!)

Attachments

• AlligatorAlexanderSpringsFLA.jpg
    AlligatorAlexanderSpringsFLA.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 131
Holy Cow?!?!?! No one has bit yet?

Must. Resist. Temptation . . ..

ARRRRGGGHHH! This is such a great price!!! Mine was a $100 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Canon G11 Camera still available.

Last offer before off to Ebay: $225.00 and INCLUDES domestic US shipping.

PayPal payment only.

Email DIRECTLY: davidhaas@sbcglobal.net

Please include where you're located and a phone number.

Attachments

• CanonG11Pkg.jpg
    CanonG11Pkg.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 36
  • CanonG11CloseUp.jpg
    CanonG11CloseUp.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
too bad housing is sold...otherwise no need for another topside camera.

What journalist uses this kind of camera, unless it is one of many. With the cutbacks, photojournalist are required to double up and do video reporting also, and 480p is good enough only for public access TV stations.

As Lwang said the Canon G11 (and even G12) doesn't do huge video files. But for many who only look at YouTube or Vimeo videos they're fine....

My remark about PJs (photojournalists) was relating news shooters who routinely use smaller cameras for still subjects. Not sports or other reportage where speed of a SLR is required.

As far as being pressured to shoot EVERYTHING including video unfortunately that's true. "Give me more, whatdya' mean you want paid more" blah blah blah.....This is mainly because the news cycles in measured in MINUTES today :(

An overload of crappola' most of the time unfortunately.

I have friends in the biz (reporters and photojournalists) that lament on not being able to devote time and coverage to important stories.

The G11 at low cost can produce nice photos in the right user's hands :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom